To date, I have written in this column thirteen (13) articles on health tips on the use of cell phones… as a public service to remind cell phone users of the harmful effects of the excessive use of cell phone because of radiation exposure.
Here are additional health tips on the use of cell phones that I got from the internet. Should you wish to confirm the information I am sharing with the readers of this column; or should you need further information to convince you of the health risks of cell phone radiation, please check the internet:-
• Do you know that different cell phones emit different amount of radiation? And do you know that cell phones are just complex two-way radios and that if one is talking on a cell phone, he/she is actually talking and listening to a two-way radio that is broadcasting a very, very high frequency signal right next to one’s head;
• Do you know that the San Francisco Board of Supervisors passed a law requiring retailers of cell phones to post notices on how much dangerous radiation is reportedly being emitted by the cell phone units being sold - for consumers’ information;
• Do you know that one of the latest warning on cell phone radiation is to keep your cell phone at least one inch away from your body at all times while it’s on? A big problem for male cell phone users is that they put their cell phones in their pockets – without bothering to check whether their cell phones are on off or on mode;
• Do you know that many parents give their children cell phones as playthings and/or sometimes to soothe them to sleep and place the cell phone under the pillow – without realizing that the skulls of their children are thinner than the skulls of adults and that thinner skulls admits more radiation. There are research studies that show that a young brain is more vulnerable to brain damage/cancer than a mature brain;
• Do you know that in 2008, researchers in the American Journal of Epidemiology found that individuals who kept their cell phones against one side of their heads for several hours a day were fifty percent (50%) more likely to develop parotid tumors;
• Do you know that cordless phone chargers also emit radio frequency power even when not in use. This being so, Wi-Fi and cordless phone chargers should be removed in the bedrooms.
• Do you also know that pulsed digital signals are more damaging than the analog signals and they should not be anywhere near the head of the bed. Also, baby monitors should not be placed closer than 6 feet to the cribs.
(The above information was taken from Internet sites re the book Zapped; Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn’t be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution, by Ann Louise Gittleman, an award winning New York Times best-selling author of over 30 books on health and healing. In 2005, Ann Louise Gittleman was diagnosed with a benign tumor of the parotid, one of the salivary glands located just below the earlobe. It’s a very rare tumor. Ms. Gittleman is a heavy cell phone user for years.)
• Do you know that the French National Assembly passed a new environmental bill last June that included the following health protection directives against possible risk to electromagnetic fields (EMF). The radiation emitted by cell phone is known as electronic radiation.
– A prohibition on the use of mobile phones at school by students in kindergartens, elementary schools, and colleges.
– A prohibition on advertising and marketing mobile phones to children under 14 years of age.
– Every mobile phone sold in France must provide Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) along with a recommendation to use a hands-free kit. The details of how the information is to be presented are not yet finalized.
Let us reduce our cell phone radiation exposure by practicing health care measures on the use of cell phones.
Have a joyful day!