Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tips to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The Kansas Department of Health and Environments  wants to remind  Kansans that as cold weather approaches the dangers associated with Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning increase.   

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is extremely poisonous and can kill within minutes. CO is found in combustion fumes, such as those made by automobiles,    portable generators, stoves, gas ranges and heating systems.  CO from these fumes can build up in places that do not have a good flow of fresh air and breathing high levels of CO can cause severe illness or death in a matter of minutes.

 KDHE reminds people to have their gas appliances inspected to insure they are not leaking and that they have the proper ventilation. 

For more information and tips about CO, visit www.kdheks.gov/beh/index.html or call the KDHE Bureau of Environmental Health, 785-296-5606.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice article containing important tips Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.